Wednesday, January 13, 2010

He is in the Details

Several months ago we were out visiting ward members and we met a widow, Beth, and had a wonderful visit with her. She asked for a blessing of comfort which Grampa gave her. She told us about a good friend down the road from her that might need a visit also. It was late when we left and we were tired but the spirit said to go. So we did. We met Br. & Sister Ison. Br. Ison was on his third round of chemo. What a positive sweet older couple. We just fell in love with them. At each of these homes they expressed their gratitude for the blessings of being sealed in the temple for eternity. That brought them a lot of comfort. Well, this past week Br. Ison went to meet his Savior.  We went over to visit Sister Ison after we found out about her husband's passing. We found Sister Ison with her dear friend, Beth. Because of our previous visits we were welcomed and we had a wonderful gospel discussion. And like always, grandpa left them laughing and begging us to return which we have done. We love these people!

Last week grandpa sold a car to a young man from China who is working in America. I had the opportunity to visit with him while grandpa was outside changing license plates and getting paper work out of the car.

I found out he had a fiancĂ© who wants him to become a Christian. He had been attending several Churches with her. We knew he was coming back in to the office so we had emailed our niece who served a mission in Korea and asked her which language of the Book of Mormon this young man would probably read. We have almost all languages of the Book of Mormon in our office, including Mandarin and Cantonese.





I bore my testimony of the Savior in my life and told him about the Book of Mormon and how it helped me raise a righteous family and how I couldn't have done it without God's help.  I then presented a Book of Mormon in his language to him. I expressed my love for the beauty of his language and asked him to show me how he would read it. He opened it up and the look on his face when he saw his mother language told volumes. He was so pleased and I could tell he was visibly touched by my testimony. What a wonderful experience. I am so grateful we had all languages on hand and Elizabeth Temus could clue us in on which he could use. What a wise Father in Heaven, preparing ages in advance for that special moment when I could give to a brother a sacred book in his own tongue. Thank you, Father in Heaven, for watching over all of your children.

We have been busy in the office this past week preparing for the January audit. All of us have been organizing files and sifting though stuff to make the process go smoothly.  We send our love to all and pray the richest blessing will come to you this New Year.

Love, Gramma April


No comments: